As an employer of a personal care assistant or home health aide, you have certain responsibilities. Among them are the responsibility to:
- Clearly explain the responsibilities of the job.
- Clearly state the terms of employment, including what the job pays and the hours and days the worker is needed.
- Check references of job candidates.
- Consider an optional criminal background check.
- Supervise your employee by giving direction and feedback.
- Pay your employee on time including payroll taxes, Worker’s Compensation, etc.
- Notify Rewarding Work periodically about the number of people you have hired through the Web site.
Note: Job candidates in the Rewarding Work database have NOT been screened in any way and their backgrounds have NOT been checked. That is your responsibility as an employer.
If you have additional questions, call us toll-free at 866-212-WORK (9675).
Click here for a Family Flyer
If you have comments that will help make this resource more useful or want to report recent hires, please email email@example.com.